Biographical Data collected on David Miscavige
Name: David Miscavige
Birthplace: Philadelphia, PA
Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Nationality: United States
Executive summary: Leader of the Church of Scientology
Became Chairman of the Board of the Religious Technology Center, the effective head of the Church of Scientology, at age 26. Responsible for the organization receiving a religious tax exemption from the IRS in 1993.
- Father: Ronald Thomas Miscavige, Sr. (staff musician for Scientology) (called Ron)
- Mother: Loretta Miscavige (accountant for Greta Van Susteren's law firm)
- Twin-Sister: Denise Miscavige Licciardi (aka Denise Gentile)
- Sister: Lori Miscavige Vernuelle
- Brother: Ronald Thomas Miscavige, Jr. (called Ronnie)
- Wife: Michele Diane Miscavige ("Shelly")
No school-leaving certificate or professional] training outside Scientology
- No other School or course or training outside of Scientology.
- 1972: Started in St. Hill as a public
- 1974: Converted to Scientology from Catholicism
- 1975: Supervisor at the Academy in Philadelphia Org for a few weeks
- High School: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (dropped)
He worked as an unlearned stooge before the take over of the Management
- 1976: Joined the Sea Org: CMO COMMODORE'S MESSENGER ORGANIZATION, CLEARWATER, his post was a PHOTO SHOOT ASSISTANT for 1 or 2 months in CLEARWATER
- 1976 he was ASSISTANT IN EXTERNAL COM, FORT HARRISON (D.M. explains his post as a comm runner: "YOU HAVE A COMMUNICATION PARTICLE, AND I GUESS YOU COULD RUN, BUT YOU BASICALLY DELIVER IT TO ITS RECIPIENT.")
- 1976 PROGRAMS, COMMODORE'S MESSENGER ORG: "GETTING A SERIES OF STEPS ON A PROGRAM DONE. YOU KNOW, IF THERE WAS A PROGRAM -- MORE LIKE, YOU KNOW, AN ADMINISTRATOR THAT YOU WOULD NOTE IF THE TARGETS WERE DONE ON A PROGRAM AND IF NOT, BASICALLY KEEP YOUR ATTENTION ON THE PROGRAM, SO ATTENTION WAS KEPT ON THE PROGRAM AND IT WOULD BE COMPLETED." (expained by D.M.)
- several other posts like STEWARD, SERVING FOOD,
- 1976: FLAG MISSION ORDER 1673. I WAS FMO 1673, WORKING WITH FMO 1672 (D.M. explains: "A MISSION IS WHEN A GROUP OF PEOPLE ARE ON A SET OF MISSION ORDERS TO HANDLE A SPECIFIC SITUATION TO IDEALLY ACHIEVE A SPECIFIC END RESULT, AND THAT'S THEIR FUNCTION.") D.M. on one of the mission purposes: "I KNOW IT WAS SOMEBODY IN THE REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT IN THE FLAG SERVICE ORG AND IT HAD TO DO WITH GETTING SEVERAL ADDITIONAL WATTS TELEPHONE LINES INSTALLED."
- 1976 TELEX OP ("I WAS A TELEX OP, TYPED. I TYPED TELEXES." for ANYBODY WHO HAD OUTGOING TELEXES in CLEARWATER BUILDING.) and numerous other posts in Clearwater, D.M. can't remember any more.
- 1977 he left Clearwater and went to LA QUINTA, CALIFORNIA for two years and became "DIR OF I&R, DIRECTOR OF INSPECTIONS AND REPORTS. CMO, SU -- THAT'S STANDING FOR SPECIAL UNIT." - What was this Special Unit? D.M. answers: "GROUNDS MAN, ENGINEER, MEANING PLUMBER, MOTOR POOL, ORCHARD, ESTATE TYPE FUNCTIONS. THAT'S WHAT SU WAS, AT THAT PROPERTY". D.M. was OFF AND ON this post, MAYBE A FEW MONTHS.
- 1977: PROJECT OPS. D.M. explains his post: "YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT A PROJECT IS.I CAN GIVE YOU A LITTLE EXAMPLE. FOR INSTANCE, JUST TO TAKE A COMPLETELY BLAND EXAMPLE. LET'S TAKE, FOR INSTANCE, IF YOU HAD -- IF SOMEBODY HAD THEIR LAWN NOT MOWED AND GARBAGE OVER THE YARD, AND THEY HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO HANDLE THEIR OWN PERSONAL PROPERTY, WELL INSTEAD OF GOING ABOUT PICKING UP THE GARBAGE AND MOWING THE LAWN THEY MIGHT DECIDE THEY WANT TO IMPROVE THEIR AREA AND HANDLE THEIR LANDSCAPING -- YOU WOULD BREAK THIS DOWN INTO PROJECT FORM SO THAT IT COULD BE LISTED OUT STEP BY STEP BY STEP. AND THERE'S AN EXAMPLE. FOR INSTANCE, PICK UP THE GARBAGE, MOW THE GRASS, VACUUM UP THE GRASS, SWEEP OFF THE SIDEWALK NEXT TO IT THOSE ARE ALL INDIVIDUAL AREAS. - SO THE DUTY OF THE PROJECT OPS WOULD BE -- FOR INSTANCE, A SIMILAR EXAMPLE, IF THERE WAS A PROJECT, FOR INSTANCE, TO PREVENT THE GRAPEFRUIT ORCHARD AT THE BASE FROM BEING FROSTED IN THE WINTER AND BEING SUNBURNED IN THE SUMMER, YOU HAVE TO PAINT THE BARK ON THE SIDE OF THE GRAPEFRUIT ORCHARD BECAUSE THE SUN IS SO INTENSE AND YOU HAVE TO GET THE WINDMILLS OPERATIONAL. YOU WOULD BASICALLY SEE THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. IT'S SORT OF LIKE A REMINDER, EITHER THEY DROP IT OR FORGET ABOUT IT; AND THE IDEA IS EITHER TO HANDLE A SITUATION LIKE THAT OR PREVENT A FUTURE ONE, SO THE DUTIES -- I MEAN YOU TAKE THE PROGRAM, YOU GO OVER AND FIND OUT IF THERE ARE ANY POTENTIAL BUGS IN COMPLETING THIS, AND IF THERE WERE, SORTING IT OUT, SO IT WAS DEBUGGED AND THE PROJECT WOULD GET DONE. THAT'S THE FUNCTION OF A PROJECT OP IN THAT POSITION."
- 1977: Question to D.M.: "PUTTING ASIDE ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH ESTATES MANAGEMENT, WHAT KINDS OF PROJECT OPS WERE YOU INVOLVED WITH WHILE YOU WERE AT LA QUINTA?" Answer by D.M.: "none!"
- 1978: HCO SECRETARY, CMO AT SU. Beside this he also held a lot of other posts: CAMERA CHIEF, JBCIC, VIDEO IC, ACTION CHIEF (D.M.: "THE ACTION CHIEF WAS IN CHARGE OF THE ACTION BRANCH THAT WOULD HANDLE SEA ORG MISSIONS AND IN THE INSTANCE OF THAT POST, OBVIOUSLY IT WAS RELATED IN SOME DEGREE TO SU OR IN TOTAL DEGREE."), CMO SU (D.M.: After a "NEW PROPERTY WAS PURCHASED, AT GILMAN HOT SPRINGS, SEEING THAT THAT WAS SET UP, THAT ALL THE ROOF LEAKS WERE HANDLED, THAT THE PROPERTY WAS ABLE TO BE MOVED INTO BY A CREW, SUCH AS THAT."), PROJECT OPS, CMO SU, EPF WHQ, GUARD, WHQ, NIGHT WATCH WHQ, INSTRUCTION, IN CHARGE WHQ, AND I WAS A MESSENGER.
- Next position was ACTION CHIEF CMO INT (D.M.: "GET TELEPHONES INSTALLED, GETTING INTERCOMS SET UP ON THE BASE, GETTING MIMEOFILES CREATED, PUTTING TOGETHER HAT PACKS -- LET'S SEE -- GETTING THE BUILDINGS PAINTED, GETTING A STUDIO BUILT, GETTING A CAMERA MAN TRAINED." and "RUNNING MISSIONS, SEEING THAT MISSIONS WERE BRIEFED, SEEING THAT MISSIONS WERE PREPPED, SEEING THAT MISSIONS WERE FIRED, SEEING THAT BRIEFING PACKS WERE PUT TOGETHER, SEEING THAT MISSION ORDERS WERE WRITTEN, ARRANGING TRANSPORTATION. Q. FOR MISSIONAIRES?")